The Annandale United Methodist Church Weekday Children's Programs offers parents three program options:
- The AUMC Early Learning Program offers children ages 1-3 years olds options to attend classes one, two, or three days per week from September to mid-June. An Early Morning and Late Day options are available on the days of operation (Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday).
- The AUMC Weekday Preschool offers children ages 3-5 years old morning classes two, three, four or five days per week from September to mid-June. The preschool offers an Extended Day (lunch bunch) till 2:30 as well as a Late Day program till 5:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- The AUMC Child Development Center is a full-day program offering comprehensive, developmentally appropriate activities for children ages 3 months to kindergarten-entrance.
In all three programs children participate in hands-on learning experiences in interest areas including art, science, music, and emerging literacy. All lead teachers have a degree or child development associate credential (or equivalent). We have specialty teachers in Music, Science, Cooking, and Yoga. The CDC also has a Music and Movement enrichment program. Outdoors we have a toddler playground for 1 & 2 year olds and three preschool aged playgrounds that the classrooms rotate through. All three programs are accredited by NAEYC.
has NAEYC accreditation.
National Association for the Education of Young Children is the world's largest organization working on behalf of young children. NAEYC established a national, voluntary accreditation system to set professional standards for early childhood education programs and to help families identify high-quality programs. The NAEYC Accreditation Criteria address all aspects of an early childhood program, including interactions among teachers and children, curriculum, interactions among teachers and families, administration, staff qualifications and professional development, staffing patterns, physical environment, health and safety, nutrition and food service, and program evaluation.
- This school offers Spanish and American Sign Language.
- This provider offers the following extra-curricular activities: Music.
- This center offers a peanut and a tree-nut free environment.
Disclaimer: the license was verified when this listing was created. We do our best to keep information up-to-date, but cannot guarantee that it is. You should verify the license status before enrolling in any child care program.