Little Beginnings Child Development Center is a cooperative child care program for working parents that allows them to participate in their child's early education experience. Parents are members, and a parent Board of Directors is the policy-making body of this non-profit, 501c (3) corporation.
Little Beginnings offers high-quality early childhood education and care for children between three months and five years old. We provide a safe, nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, aesthetic, language, and intellectual development of young children.
At Little Beginnings, we believe that each child is entitled to responsive and respectful care attuned to his or her developmental abilities, individual temperament, and interests. In our program, you will see:
- Positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children's ages and level of development such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up and active outdoor play
- Teachers committed to professional development
- Low child-to-teacher ratios allowing for individual attention
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Systematic ongoing evaluation
Established in 1986, Little Beginnings Child Development Center is a non-profit, year-round, full-day childcare center based in Arlington, Virginia.
At Little Beginnings we believe that each child is entitled to responsive and respectful care, attuned to his or her developmental abilities, individual temperament, and interests. Through a collaborative framework, parents and teachers work together to create an inclusive, safe, and nurturing environment where all children will grow and thrive.
In keeping with standards set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, well-trained teachers implement the daily classroom program, guided by the High/Scope® approach to early learning and Conscious Discipline®.
As members of the cooperative, parents and teachers have both the right and the responsibility to participate in the operation of the organization.
We are a learning community where personal and professional growth is encouraged, and where everyone's perspective — children, parents, and teachers — is valued.