Llave del Mundo Bilingual Child Development Home is a home-based child care and preschool program in Washington, DC. The child care facility is located near Kalorama Park in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC (off Columbia Rd NW and Calvert St NW, near the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Metro Station and the Smithsonian National Zoological Park).
As a child care provider, I have a strong belief that ALL children are diverse and unique individuals who have strengths and are naturally curious. Children need to be provided with an organized, child-directed learning environment that emphasizes mutual respect, fun, discovery, literacy and addresses sensory needs. In a supportive environment, I will provide the conditions for all children to construct knowledge, focusing on the learning process rather than the end product.
Program Philosophy is based on principles of child development supporting the child to gain a sense of self-worth by helping them develop at their own individual pace while learning basic skills feeling confident, secure enough to explore and grow in a stimulating educational and social environment.
I incorporate a preschool curriculum into our daily activities to support infants and toddlers to have a nurturing, consistent, and loving environment, and to prepare older children for school. I offer individual activities that are specifically designed to help the child grow and develop based on his/her strengths and weaknesses; addressing all areas of development.
I use The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool and Montessori curriculum that includes new research and theories from the field of early childhood education into a practical, easy-to-understand approach to working with children and their families. It is a comprehensive curriculum with a clear organizational structure and a particular focus on interest areas.
I am a dedicated and supportive provider and the mission of my program is to:
- Continue to grow professionally in order to better serve children and families.
- Provide appropriate services to ALL children.
- Utilize strengths and challenge weaknesses.
- Foster self-esteem while celebrating children’s successes.
- Establish a fun and safe learning environment.
- Enable children to make discoveries and realize their potential.
- Support and build a trusting relationship with parents, children, and other professionals in my community.
- To offer early childhood care services in a way that is specifically designed by my knowledge in early childhood education, according to the family’s priorities, beliefs, and needs of the child.
- To develop a nurturing relationship with each child and their family.
- To provide play opportunities for all children who are enrolled in my program.
- To provide support and help for families as they seek out resources to meet their child’s needs.
To help children:
- Develop effective communication skills;
- Develop the ability to choose and follow through on personally meaningful experiences;
- Develop large and small muscles through play-based activities;
- By demonstrating through interaction with the developmentally appropriate environment and through self-initiated and teacher-facilitated activities, increasing levels of conceptual and cognitive development;
- By demonstrating an awareness of daily routine;
- Develop a level of independence in self-care skills;
- Develop problem-solving strategies;
- Develop aesthetic appreciation as they explore the developmentally appropriate environment around them