What To Do if My Child is Too Sick for Daycare or Daycare is Closed?
CareLuLu All posts from CareLuLu
No comments yet.Add your comment
Child Care, Daycare, Kid Health, PreschoolTagged with daycare closed, daycare sick policy, preschool closed, sick kids
Did you know that the U.S. Department of Defense has the best regulated child care program in the country? We heard they are developing a 5-level “daycare sick child warning system” called “DEFCOUGH” based on the “DEFCON” system they developed during the cold war.
It goes something like this:
- DEFCOUGH 5: All quiet on the health front. Your child is eating normally and you try your best to build up their immune system with a balanced diet.
- DEFCOUGH 4: Early warning signs encountered, typically a cough or a runny nose. Take preemptive action such as an extra Vitamin C.
- DEFCOUGH 3: Daycare is no longer an option. Medic! Request a fly-by from a relative, babysitters, or neighbor to care for your child, because they’re too sick for daycare.
- DEFCOUGH 2: Request for fly-by negative. One or both parents need to request time off work to care for your child.
- DEFCOUGH 1: Request(s) for time off negative. Crisis imminent!
OK, DEFCOUGH is a joke, but the crisis scenario is all too real for working parents with children in daycare.