City Kids is a place where parents, children, and early education experts partner to provide exceptional learning opportunities in a safe and nurturing environment that:
1) Promotes responsible citizenship and respect of people, things, and places
2) Fosters risk-taking
3) Is student-led and teacher facilitated
4) Creates high expectations of students’ goals and aspirations
5) Values play, process, and partnership
6) Believes in the benefit of outdoor learning experiences
City Kids is a school that will challenge your kids AND nurture them, a place that will value them as individuals AND teach them to collaborate; a place where they will learn to read, count, write AND are encouraged to ask questions, explore, and create. City Kids values nutrition and offer a vegetarian diet in-line with USDA standards providing the energy and nutrients young bodies and minds need to grow and develop. City Kids spends 50\\\\\\% of school time learning outside in nature. They find joy in learning.
To create a learning environment that prepares students to become future innovators, globally responsible citizens, and mindful individuals.
City Kids Pledge
We are committed to providing a safe, nurturing and creative environment that emphasizes environmental responsibility, social-emotional learning, and offers project-based and global education experiences. We value diversity and actively celebrate individuality. We promise that every child will know they are valued at our school and in the world. We are devoted to implementing age-appropriate programs that are culturally relevant and tackle real-world problems with a commitment to helping our community.
• Focus on the children and everything else will follow.
• Play is messy … so get dirty.
• Ask Questions, Seek Answers, Discover and Repeat.
• Take Risks
• Our campus IS the city of Los Angeles.
• Take the time to breathe… lots of time… in the grass rain or shine
• Eating vegetables can change the world.
• Go Barefoot
• Be Kind, Be Thoughtful, Be Generous, Be Open
• Take care of our planet
• Read Stories, Tell Stories, Listen to Stories