Room arrangement is more than just aesthetics. The way the room is laid out affects how your child feels about himself, how he relates to the adults and children around him and how comfortable he feels about playing and exploring. The environment within a classroom also strongly influences a teacher’s ability to carry out an effective program throughout the day. At Noah‘s Ark, we understand that your child learns best in an age-appropriate environment built to meet his needs. And we know that there are specific ways to arrange a room to support and encourage a child to explore. We invite you to visit and get a firsthand look at our spaces. To experience for yourself how each age-specific classroom creates a sense of safety, security and stimulation and to see how our teachers keep your child’s room clean, attractive and comfortable.
In our Interest Centers children work cooperatively in small groups to reach developmental milestones and school readiness through exploring, experimenting, and repetition.
- Creative Arts teaches your child texture, color, design, and motor control.
- Dramatic Play is all about the world of pretend, self-identifications, family and community.
- Sensory Wet and Dry allows children to experience mixture, touch, consistency, measurement, volume, and enhances math and science experiences.
- Blocks Building teaches your child about shape, dimension, size, construction, balance and cooperation.
- Music and Movement helps your child experience creativity, patterns, melody, as well as builds large motor skills.
- Library and Language experiences enhance communication, listening skills and self-control. Literacy and early reading skills start here.
- Math and Manipulative helps your child learn about numbers, problem solving, order, serializing and coordination.
- Science and Discovery is all about weights, plants, pets, magnets, measurements, and the world around us.