⚠️ Message from CareLuLu: Choo Choo's Learning Child Care in Gaithersburg (run by Josephine Chan) is under internal review and investigation. Accordingly, you may wish to perform additional research before considering this child care facility. ⚠️
Family participation is an intricate piece to my family child care program. Through the diversity of my members and families, the children in my care have a better understanding of the world around them. All of these experiences for the children are presented with a well-rooted understanding of developmentally appropriate practices.
My mission is creating and building a children's program where the needs and interests of my students come first. A place where children will receive the attention and care that they need to grow and learn at this important stage of their lives; where children feel safe and secure, and where parents can take comfort in knowing that their children are receiving the highest level of care.
My home daycare follows a play-based approach as I believe that young children learn through play and exploration. My program promotes the early learning process by providing a safe and secure environment for each child. My program also invites each child to reach their potential in all developmental areas such as physical, social, emotional, and cognitive/language.
Child Care Goals
• Provide a safe, healthy, and secure environment for children to learn and to play.
• Encourage language development through the interaction of various Medias such as music, sign language, and stories.
• Provide children the opportunities to socialize and work together by sharing and showing empathy toward one another.
• Provide activities that encourage the inclusion of children regardless of their level of ability.
• Provide an environment that promotes the mindset that all developmental stages are fostered through age-appropriate, multi-cultural, non-stereotype curriculum, activities, and materials.